Friday, October 14, 2011

nVIDIA


2nd company to visit our college. Very technical company...as well as very nice company. I loved black and green theme of their company.
This is the company which requires depth knowledge of C language n OS.
Depth bole to ekdam depth knowledge.....

Aptitude had 4 sections:
C , OS, data structures, quant section.( 70 questions).
From so many people only 16 cleared aptitude. I was d one in dat. Only four went through HR round. I was the one in dat. Only 2 cleared HR round. Unfortunately i wasnt in that.

Tech Interview (round 1);

1. You hav been scoring above 70% in all semesters xpt 4th.......any reason?

2. Write code for SUDOKU solver game(was mentioned in my resume)... He had given some conditions like blah blah blah...

3. Wat ll u choose? Single function with all code in it or many functions???

4. Where are variables stored??
I answered- Sir in memory....
Interviewer- and...??
I - memory???
Interviewer - where else??
I - sir memory.....with smile :D

5. What is stack, Q?

6. Register variables? When do v use it?

7. You do %4 with a number, that is you find the remainder of a number by dividing it with 4.
Which other operator and operand u can use to get the same remainder wid the given number?? ( I kno u dint understand this question :P :P).
See
y = x % 4
find an operator and operand to get "y" using "x"
i.e
y = x [operator] [operand]

Condition - instead of dividing it by 4 i can divide it by 8,16,32,64.... :P :P :P, Expression shud work for all :P
I asked can i use more than one operator, he replied: that wont be as efficient as compared to % operator :P :P.
I m damn sure that he must hav liked my answer :)

8. Wat are inline functions?

9. for(i=1;i<10;i++)
{
//call to inline function
}
How many times inline function ll be expanded here??

10. #define A 20
#define B A+20
#define A 40
printf("%d", B); o/p ????


11. Do u kno abt Memory management?

12. Physical and Virtual m/m?

13. One process is taking input n other process is printing the input.......wats happening??
Arre yar how wud i kno??? i m not a processor.... :P
HE only explained me everything, in between he said producing and consuming....then i realized its producer consumer problem.
After explaining me everything for around 10 mins he asked -now how ll u achieve synchronization b/w these two processes??
I think he dint kno i had got 41 marks in OS :P
I told him i dont use to like that chapter..He smiled :)

14. Do u know cache???
Cache that OS cache sir???
Ofc yes ... i m not talking about cashes(money)....

15. L2 cache????

I was told to directly go for third interview (HR) :D

HR Interview:

16. Hello Apurva.... Wat does Apurva mean??
Sir "unique" ,"something wich has never happened b4"
17. Can u give an example of dat..

18. What this cell is doing here....Wich OS does it have?? (I had taken my cell inside).

19. How ll u react if a person/friend comes n say ur friend is better(superior) than u??

20. Ur strength and weakness?

21. Ur weakness wich later became ur strength.??

22. Any live projects u hav dun??
Projects u hav dun are different from our domain...how comfortable u ll be working here?

23. He showed me his DHINCHAK iphone and asked how will u promote this in market?

24. Comfortable in relocation??

25. Why nVIDIA?

26. U hav attended pre-placement talk. What do u think nVIDIA do???

In between canteen wala person had brought veg cheese grilled sandwich with tea...
bt only 4 HR interviewer... :(
HR asked me to go........interview is over for d day :)


2 comments:

  1. Written in a humorous manner!!!
    Will be helpful to others.. Nice that you have shared it on your blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhinchak post...
    very entertaining too..
    Useful for every1 wanting to get placed.

    ReplyDelete